Monday 4 March 2024

Harnessing the Hues of Autumn: A Vision Board for Surface Pattern Inspiration

 


Vision board created for week two of the Surface Pattern Design course: Immersion. 

My initial aim was to create a Spring themed vision board, but, I feel it has ended with a more autumnal vibe, with: dried Cosmos and Lisianthus blooms; poppy & honesty seeds and the papery moult from a silver birch tree; citrus slices and the browned leaves from a Red Baron grass plant. 

The mosaic Blue Tit is one of my mini mosaics. These tiny, but fierce birds make me smile and visit the garden every day. They have decided that the fat-cake hanging from the ornamental cherry tree is THEIRS alone and not for other birds! 😄 

I love the sea and am interested in marine life, shown by the addition of shells and a decorative fish tin lid. 🐚

I want to design my first collection around the theme of Spring, so I’ll need to create another vision board - as they say practice makes perfect!


Alison Day Designs

Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment